Monday, April 27, 2009

A Harmless Gas??



I ordinarily avoid swimming, while blogging, in the shark filled waters of politics, but Michelle Bachman's, Representative of Minnesota's sixth Congressional District, speech before Congress on Earth Day forced me into the water.

Rep. Bachman stated that not a single study has shown carbon dioxide to be a harmful gas. She said, “it is not a harmful gas, it is a harmless gas.” She bases her argument on its being "a natural product of nature." Has she heard about climate change and greenhouse gases, like CO2? It's been on the news, I think.

To say I was stunned by her speech is an understatement. Just when you think politicians of a certain persuasion can't be any more insulting to the electorate's intelligence, they prove you wrong.

I am sure we can all think of many 'products of nature' that are dangerous, arsenic comes to mind. I wonder why?


No comments:

Post a Comment