Wednesday, May 27, 2009

It Pays to Advertise or Talk to the Shield


In most places in Europe important folks have a crest. Many times they are in four parts and painted on a shield. Things like owls for intelligence. Lions for courage. Books on heraldry are full of stuff like that.

Now of course you have to be really important to have your own crest. They are not for the average Joe or Jill. For one thing there are too many of us, and second nobody cares about average folks. If you don't believe me just watch Congress in inaction on C-Span.

I got to wondering, if I did have a crest what would be on it? What four things or qualities do I care enough about to paint on my shield? Since I only have four things I can pick, they have to be important. I mean I like ice cream, cheeseburgers, chili and the Beach Boys, but not enough to paint on my shield. No offense guys.

It does make me think. What is really important, what would I like the world to know about me?

No comments:

Post a Comment