Saturday, May 9, 2009

Thoughts on Mother's Day



Tomorrow is Mother’s Day and as I have never written a word about this most important Holiday, it is high time.

I lost my mother a few years ago; just as you will someday. Unfortunately, I never fully appreciated her until it was too late. Mom was not perfect, anything but, but the one thing she did better than anything else was love me. No matter what stupid or selfish things I did she was always on my side. No matter what the rest of the world’s opinion of me was, hers was always predictable; she loved me and was on my side.

I didn’t realize, until after she was gone, how important it is to have at least one person in the whole world to be there for you no matter how boneheaded you were. That’s not to say she always thought I was right. She made it clear when she thought I was wrong, but she was still always on my side.

Mom’s are like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment